NBA Summer League action is ‘fan-tastic’!
Another slow start (4 of 13 FG in the 1st quarter) and the Knicks found themselves playing from behind again today!
The Knicks’ squad was more aggressive on both ends of the floor today, but it didn’t seem to matter. It was for better or for worse, as they got abused taking chances on the defensive side and took some horrendous shots on the offensive end.
Just like yesterday they rallied late; but just like yesterday, it was too little, too late!
All in all, there’s not much to talk about…another Knicks loss…99-74.
Flotsam and Jetsam:
1. Chris Copeland thinks he is a three-point shooter! (He’s not!) He did, however, have a much better outing today leading the team in scoring and playing some solid defense. He’ll definitely get a look at training camp, but he’s a long shot to make the roster.
2. Parakhouski was solid again, but he still has zero chance to crack this team’s roster…
3. No Kendall Marshall for Phoenix…boo!
4. James White was lethargic today. He rebounded well, but was atrocious from the floor, and still looks gassed.
5. Markieff Morris wishes all of his games could be against the Knicks summer league team!
6. Mustapha Farrakhan played well in the second half. With the Knicks needing some off-guard help, we’ll keep an eye on him going forward.
7. Mychel Thompson took a step back today, shooting poorly from behind the arc.
Needless to say, with the Jeremy Lin drama playing out before, during, and after the game, this summer league game was of little importance in the grand scheme of things.
The Knicks play again, Tuesday, at 4 p.m. against the Denver Knic-, er, I mean Nuggets!