It’s been rumored since last year that the New York Knicks will receive some new jerseys, where they ditch “black and go to a very simple design”, but an official jersey change has yet to be confirmed. It looks like it’s all but a done deal, though:
- The Knicks have 99 items on clearance in the NBA.com store – much more than any other team (Nets have 40, which is next highest).
- A Jason Kidd t-shirt appeared in the online shop, but if you look closely, it’s not the same as older shirts. The “New York” isn’t as rounded, and on the back, there’s a new logo.
- Another example of the new, straighter “New York” can be seen below.
- The Winter League jerseys – which will be used for “home weekend games during the second half of the season” – from Adidas have surfaced on the internet, but the Knicks’ color way is missing.
- Along with the Knicks, the Nets and Bobcats’ jerseys say TBD, and since we know the Nets and Bobcats are both unveiling new jerseys this season, it’s likely another hint that the Knicks will be switching up their looks, too.
- Now, for the icing on the cake:
- The Knicks’ authentic jerseys are TBD.
- Also: “Sam Shillet was stopping in at Cosby’s, the famous sporting goods shop at Madison Square Garden, and got to talking with the staff about the Knicks’ uniforms. “They said that the Knicks will be removing black from the jersey altogether,” he says. I’m not in a position to confirm or deny that at this time.”
Don’t expect the Knicks to make any big changes, but it’s 99.8% official that they’ll be removing the black from their jerseys, as well as likely straightening out their “New York” logo on the front.
Also, I’d like to thank Robert Silverman (Knickerblogger/uni dork) who feverishly searched NBA.com and examined the fine print in uni-watch articles into the wee hours of the night!